Monday, July 6, 2015

Golf4Her: In The Rough With Tiffany Joh

Had a chance to chat with LPGA tour player and Golf4Her Ambassador Tiffany Joh prior to her heading out to the US Open! Here is a quick 18 with Tiff:

1. Who inspired you to start playing golf? Or was it just always of interest to you?
I grew up playing at the First Tee of San Diego, I used to always get dropped off by my dad (Free babysitting!) So I didn't have anyone in particular that inspired me to play, but my dad was definitely a big part of the reason I picked up the game.

2. What other hobbies do you enjoy other than golf?
Surfing, working out, eating tacos

3. What is your go-to or favorite snack to always keep in your golf bag?
Fish tacos, but those don't pack that well, so any type of candy (cough skittles)

4. What was the best advice you were ever given?
My coach from UCLA always told me "Don't sweat the small S***."

5. What has been your biggest accomplishment so far?
Probably playing 4 years at UCLA.

6. Are there any charities that you are involved in? If so, why that specific one?
ProKids Golf Academy (First tee San Diego), and LPGA USGA Girls Golf

7. Is there a particular song that you like to listen to when you warm up?
I don't really listen to music when I warm up, but Marina Alex and I have a collaborative spotify playlist called "Just need to Relack" (Asian Joke) that we both will add songs to.  Right now I'm obsessed with the song "Above the Clouds of Pompeii" by Bear's Den.  Anything acoustic-y is right up my alley.

8. Do you have a motto you live by?
YOLO. just kidding. I don't have a motto but I recently heard a cool quote: "Smooth seas never made a skillful sailor."

9. Do you have a celebrity crush?
Chris Pratt

10. What’s your favorite app on your phone?
Surfline

11.Are you a Starbucks or Dunkin person?

12.What is your favorite thing to do after a long day of playing golf?
Surf or if there's no ocean nearby, watch Netflix videos.

13.What is your guilty pleasure?
Cheesy sitcoms: Melissa and Joey, Hot in Cleveland, Sabrina the Teenage Witch reruns.

14.If you could play golf with one person in the world, who would it be and why?

15.What is it like growing up in a Korean household in Southern California?
Spicy.

16.Where do you get your sense of humor?
Probably my family, we never really take anything seriously.

17.Do you have a strange superstition that you swear by?
Not really, but my friend Mariajo Uribe once told me that she never clips her nails once a tournament has already started and ever since then I've never done it either.

18.What is the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to you on the course?
Pushing my push cart into a creek in a college golf tournament. 


by Gabrielle
Golf4Her, Fashion Squad

No comments:

Post a Comment