In 2005 the Cactus Tour was created for professional women golfers as a place to play outside of the LPGA and The Symetra Tour. Over the last few year, under the direction of Mike Brown, it has evolved into not only a venue to improve your game but as a place to prepare for events during the off time for all amateur and professional women golfers.
This mini-tour draws golfers from across the country and even a few international players. They range from amateurs looking for some competitive experience to LPGA Tour players looking for playing opportunities between event.
The value of The Cactus Tour is in having localized events for those just starting professional careers, coming off of injuries, not having status on major tours or just wanting to work on their games for upcoming events or qualifying schools with out having the added expense of traveling all over the country.
Cactus Tour events are highly competitive, run professionally, and held on quality courses in the Phoenix, Arizona area and now Las Vegas. In 2013, they hope to expand into Texas for a few events.
The events are cost effective and provide a payout to 50% of the field which is one of the best percentages in the country.
- The Cactus Tour is a professional golf tour for women only
- Events are played in the Greater Phoenix Arizona and Las Vegas Area
- Season runs from January through November
- The are 20-25 events scheduled in 2013
- Each tournament is a 54 hole event with no cuts.
- At least 50% of the field and ties will be paid on the final day at completion of play.
Be sure to keep an eye out for Golf4Her Ambassadorors competing in Cactus Tour events in between Symetra Tour events. Click here to view the 2013 Cactus Tour Schedule.