Once again, it's that time of the year to make our annual golf resolutions. Like years past, we convince ourselves that we can keep these resolutions throughout the year but usually forget they even existed by mid-January. Can you remember what your resolutions were last year? Probably not. But this year it's different.
Here are our Top 10 easy to keep golf resolutions:
1. Practice, practice, practice. Spending more time at the range or with a teaching pro is the only way to see major improvements!
2. Stay focused. It's so easy to get mentally derailed by one bad shot, when, in reality, that's all it is -- one bad shot.
3. Increase strength and flexibility. Work on improving flexibility through stretching and some core strengthening exercises. This is not an "I need to exercise more" resolution, that's on our other list! There will be more yoga and kettle bell training in 2013!
4. Consistency off the tee. Hit more fairways and stay out of trouble off the tee. If this means hitting a 3-wood or a long iron, so be it. But, play smarter!
5. Master a new technique. Getting out of green side bunkers with confidence and consistency continues to be a top goal.
6. Play a new course. It's a great way to meet new people and get out of the home-course comfort zone.
7. Control tempo. Grip it and rip it fine but only if you can control it. Tempo is key to making solid contact.
8. Introduce 3 women to golf. With so many women telling us they are ready to take up the sport, this should be the easiest one on the list.
9. Play more golf. Seriously, have you ever heard anyone say they want to play less golf? We all know, the more you play the better you play. Even if just 9 holes, the key to just get out there!
10. Make more putts. No more 3-putting or leaving it short - the short game it where we lose all our strokes!
Let's hear it. What's your 2013 New Year's Golf Resolution?
Happy New Year everyone!
~The Girls at Golf4Her