Here's our top 10 list:
- Make more putts. No more 3-putting or leaving them short.
- Stay focused. It's so easy to get mentally derailed by one bad shot, when, in reality, that's all it is -- one bad shot.
- Increase flexibility. Work on improving flexibility through stretching and some core strengthening exercises. This is not an "I need to exercise more" resolution, that's on our other list!
- Consistency off the tee. Hit more fairways and stay out of trouble off the tee. If this means hitting a 3-wood or a long iron, so be it.
- Master a new technique. Getting out of green side bunkers with confidence and consistency is our goal.
- Play new courses. It's a great way to meet new people and get out of the home course comfort zone.
- Control tempo. Grip it and rip it fine but only if you can control it.
- Introduce 3 women to golf. With so many women telling us they are ready to take up the sport, this should be the easiest one on the list.
- Play more golf. Seriously, have you ever heard anyone say they want to play less golf? We all know, the more you play the better you play.
- Practice, practice, practice. That about sums it up!
At the end of the day, these resolutions should help us enjoy the game more and hopefully lower our handicap. But only time will tell.
What are your resolutions for the new year?
Happy New Year!
~The Girls at Golf4Her